For a limited time, we are accepting submissions for unsolicited articles. All articles must follow the same guidelines as a General Article Submission as stated below.
Article submission follows two formats: Company Press Releases and Magazine Articles. Below you will find a guide for submitting both. All Press Releases following the correct format may be sent to editor -at- pingzine.com.
COMPANY PRESS RELEASES
DO NOT SUBMIT PROMOTIONS AND ADVERTISEMENTS IN THE FORM OF A PRESS RELEASE. ANY PRESS RELEASES THAT INCLUDE PRICING PLANS OR SPECIALS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE AND THE SUBMITTER MAY BE BANDED FROM SUBMISSIONS. IF YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE YOUR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS, CONTACT OUR SALES DEPARTMENT.
All Company Press Releases must be emailed in txt format to pr <at> pingzine.com. Each press release must include the following: No Hyperlinking allowed unless url is spelled out and is relevant to the news presented.
- Press Release Title:
- Press Release:
- Company Name:
- Contact Name:
- Contact Phone Number (optional):
- Contact Email (optional):
Once received, the press release will be reviewed by our Editorial Department for inclusion in our Daily PR News section online and considered for our magazine. ANY PRESS RELEASES EMAILED AS AN ATTACHMENT, UNLESS PREVIOUSLY APPROVED, WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT REVIEW.
GENERAL ARTICLE INFORMATION
All submissions must follow this order:
- Send working Title and one to two paragraph summary of article as part of email. Any attached files on unsolicited submissions will be deleted without review.
- Please include all contact information, such as name, address, phone number and email address.
- Once summary is approved, an editor will be assigned to you and you will be able to submit the full article for inclusion. This article can be sent as an attachment.
- All articles must be original work by the submitting Author. If the article had been submitted elsewhere, provide detailed information of such.
All articles must meet guidelines listed below. If the article is accepted, your editor will contact you with additional information.
- Articles should be about web hosting or related material and should be written in a style comprehensible to readers outside the specialty of the article.
- Articles may be edited for clarity and grammatical accuracy, and will be copyedited according to the magazine’s style.
- Mathematical equations should not be used (in justified cases up to three simple equations could be allowed, provided the consent of the Associate Editor; more than three equations require permission from the Editor-in-Chief).
- References should be included only to guide readers to more information on the topic; the reference list should not include every available source (a limit of five references is recommended; more than 5 references require permission from the Editor-in-Chief). References to Web pages are permissible.
- Articles should not exceed 3500 words. Figures and tables should be limited to a combined total of six. If the article exceeds these recommended limits, contact the Associate Editor (or the Editor-in-Chief) handling the manuscript.
PUBLISHING GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS
NOTE: These guidelines are for accepted articles only, if you are submitting an article for review and possible acceptance please read the previously listed information on Submission Guidelines. ALL ARTICLES MUST BE VENDOR NEUTRAL AND NOT SELF-PROMOTING. ANYTHING CONSIDERED AN ADVERTORIAL WILL BE DELETED AND NOT RESPONDED TO.
Word Count: The word count listed is for reference purposes only. Actual count can fluctuate and will be monitored by the Associate Editor. Most articles are encouraged to be of the Mid-sized level.
- Small article: Approximately 500 words.
- Mid-size article: Approximately 1,000 words (recommended).
- Featured article: Approximately 2,500 words.
Photographs and Graphics: Original photos or graphics (color or black-and-white) may accompany your article and must be 212 or 300 dpi. All photos or graphics must be sent by email as attachments (gif and jpeg graphics format is acceptable) as long as it’s file size is not greater than 50,000 bytes. For larger submissions, contact us for FTP access.
Timeline: Manuscript due at: Check with Editor for details.
Bio Statement: In order to provide some background on yourself, you can prepare a “bio” statement to appear at the end of your article. This bio should provide any pertinent information about yourself and should be written in the third-person perspective.
Here is an example so that you can get a feel for how to prepare yours:
“John Doe is a professional engineer who resides in Northern California. In addition to a full-time engineering career, he also a technician for hosts unlimited and writes for several publications. John has taught html at a local college, and conducted seminars on Windows 7 and ASP. He may be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Submission of Materials: Only articles that have been accepted by the Editor-in-Chief following the review process should be submitted to the magazine’s Production Staff. When submitting the final version of the article, the following materials must be included:
- Electronic files for the manuscript text only via e-mail. (Microsoft Word files are acceptable).
- An electronic file of all authors’ biographies (recommended length: 50 to 75 words).
- Contact author’s mailing address (no P.O. Box #s), telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address.
Also include the e-mail address for each referenced author if available. This information will not be released to the public.
Electronic File Formats: Text Files, Microsoft Word files
Original Work: Articles submitted for publication in Ping! Zine should be original work submitted exclusively to the magazine, Please inform us if this is not the case.
Compensation: An author may be monetarily compensated dependent upon the type of article submitted. The following are general types and may be adjusted per individual article.
- Original Work: Articles that have not been previously published in print or web format, and not under consideration for publication elsewhere. Compensation must be discussed with the assigned Editor.
- Previously printed articles: If your article has been previously printed elsewhere in print or web format, compensation is not normally offered. We welcome previously printed articles for possible printing in Ping! Zine and any compensation must be discussed with the assigned Editor.
Clearance: Ping! Zine Staff assumes that material submitted to its publications is properly available for general dissemination to the readership of those publications. It is the responsibility of the authors, not Ping! Zine to determine whether disclosure of their material requires the prior consent of other parties and, if so, to obtain it. The writer may be required to sign a “Writer’s Agreement” and “Clearance” form before publishing.
Content: Statements and opinions given in works published by Ping! Zine are the expressions of contributors. Responsibility for content of published papers rests with the authors, not Ping! Zine. If you have any questions regarding Submissions or would like to send in your article, you can contact us by clicking here.