(Ping! Zine Web Hosting Magazine) – 21Vianet Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:VNET) (“21Vianet” or the “Company”), the largest carrier-neutral Internet data center services provider in China, today announced that it has exercised its option to acquire the remaining 49% equity interest in two companies that provide managed network services, Zhiboxintong (Beijing) Network Technology Co., Ltd. and Beijing Chengyishidai Network Technology Co., Ltd. (together, the “Managed Network Entities”). In September 2010, the Company acquired 51% equity interest in the Management Network Entities with an option to acquire the remaining 49% equity interest before December 31, 2011.
Mr. Josh Chen, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, stated, “We remain committed to further expanding our managed network services to meet our growing customer demand. We are confident that the completion of this acquisition will enable us to further integrate the Managed Network Entities’ extensive network and business operations, streamlining expenses and solidifying our industry leadership.”
Mr. Shang Hsiao, President and Chief Financial Officer of the Company, commented, “Going forward, we continue to believe that the full acquisition of the Managed Network Entities will further enhance the revenue growth and profitability of our business in the coming years due to increasing demand for managed network services. This acquisition is not expected to have any material impact on our announced guidance for the fourth quarter of 2011.”
21Vianet Group, Inc. is the largest carrier-neutral Internet data center services provider in China. 21Vianet provides hosting and related services, managed network services and cloud computing infrastructure services, improving the reliability, security and speed of its customers’ Internet connections through 21Vianet’s Internet infrastructure. Customers may locate their servers and networking equipment in 21Vianet’s data centers and connect to China’s Internet backbone through 21Vianet’s extensive fiber optic network. In addition, 21Vianet’s proprietary smart routing technology, BroadEx, enables customers’ data to be delivered across the Internet in a faster and more reliable manner. 21Vianet operates in 33 cities throughout China, servicing a diversified and loyal base of more than 1,400 customers that span many industries ranging from Internet companies to government entities and blue-chip enterprises to small- to mid-sized enterprises.
For more information, please visit: http://www.en.21vianet.com/