Apple Supplier Rumored To Begin Manufacturing 4.7-Inch iPhone 6- Expected Release Date For September 2014

Apple Supplier Rumored To Begin Manufacturing 4.7-Inch iPhone 6- Expected Release Date For September 2014(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – One of the two major Apple suppliers in Asia has reportedly started production on the rumored 4.7-inch iPhone 6.

According to a report from Apple Insider, citing the Commercial Times, Pegatron has received 15 percent of the orders for tech giant’s upcoming smartphone, with Foxconn producing the remaining 85 percent.

In 2014, the supplier is said to manufacture around 50 million iPhones, including older models such as the 5 and 4, a 40 percent increase from 2013.

Additionally, Pegatron reportedly started development in a new facility in Kunshan, which aligns with the rumors that the supplier would begin production in the new plant in quarter two.

Apple is rumored to release two versions of the iPhone 6, a 4.7-inch model and a 5.5-inch, with the smaller versions expected to be launched in September.

Advertisement