(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – On Monday Apple released its latest update to iOS7, an update that adds support for CarPlay, improves Siri and iTunes Radio, and fixes bug crashes that caused iPhones to reboot unexpectedly.
Apple’s CarPlay program, first introduced at WWDC last year, enables users to safely use apps while driving.
The program features Siri’s voice control that works with the car’s buttons, controls, and touchscreen to let users use the apps they want while driving, such as Podcasts, Beats Radio, Spotify, Stitcher, and iHeartRadio, says Apple’s website.
Additionally, iOS 7.1 improves the Touch ID fingerprint recognition, as well as visual improvments on the phone dialer, incoming call screens, and power screens.
Below are the complete update notes for iOS 7.1:
- iOS experience designed for the car
- Simply connect your iPhone to a CarPlay enabled vehicle
- Supports Phone, Music, Maps, Messages, and 3rd-party audio apps
- Control with Siri and the car’s touchscreen, knobs, and buttons
- Manually control when Siri listens by holding down the home button while you speak and releasing it when you’re done as an alternative to letting Siri automatically notice when you stop talking
- New, more natural sounding male and female voices for Mandarin Chinese, UK English, Australian English, and Japanese
- Search field above Featured Stations to easily create stations based on your favorite artist or song
- Buy albums with the tap of a button from Now Playing
- Subscribe to iTunes Match on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to enjoy iTunes Radio ad-free
- Option to display events in month view
- Country specific holidays automatically added for many countries
- Bold font option now includes the keyboard, calculator, and many icon glyphs
- Reduce Motion option now includes Weather, Messages, and multitasking UI animations
- New options to display button shapes, darken app colors, and reduce white point
- New Camera setting to automatically enable HDR for iPhone 5s
- iCloud Keychain support in additional countries
- FaceTime call notifications are automatically cleared when you answer a call on another device
- Fixes a bug that could occasionally cause a home screen crash
- Improves Touch ID fingerprint recognition
- Improved performance for iPhone 4
- Fixes display of Mail unread badge for numbers greater than 10,000
- Continued user interface refinements