Apple’s iPhone 6 Outselling Larger 5.5-Inch Smartphone

Apple's iPhone 6 Outselling Larger 5.5-Inch Smartphone(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – Apple has seen huge success with its new iPhone 6 smartphones that released in mid-September, though it seems the smaller of the two devices has sold more than its larger counterpart.

Mobile advertising firm AppLovin recently released a report, revealing that the 4.7-inch device has sold around 80 percent of Apple’s iPhone 6s, with the other 20 percent accounting for the larger 5.5-inch device, NBC News reports.

“Since interaction and usage differences between the 6 and 6 Plus on our network are negligible, it’s fair to estimate that roughly one in five new iPhones sold is an iPhone 6 Plus,” said the firm via blog post. “No one expected iPhone 6 Plus to match or surpass the heights of iPhone 6, but usage was more robust than expected — especially in areas where phablets are already popular.”

AppLovin notes that in countries such as China, Japan, the Philippines, and Vietnam, 35 percent of consumers purchased the iPhone 6 Plus, compared to the 20 percent in North America.

Apple’s iPhone 6/ 6Plus hit shelves on September 19th, selling over 10 million devices were sold during the first weekend.

Advertisement