(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – Battlefield 4’s fall update is now live, brining with it tons of bug fixes, improvements, and tweaks to the game.
“Battlelog is currently down in preparations for today’s Battlefield 4 game update. It should be back up in approximately an hour,” says the game’s official Twitter page.
Earlier this month EA confirmed the “fairly massive” update, noting highlights for the fall patch which include:
Game modes – Rush (All base game maps except Dawnbreaker), Obliteration, Capture the Flag, and Carrier Assault. Added the Obliteration Competitive sub-game mode
Sight Improvements – Close & Medium range sight reticles no longer affected by weapon firing animation, AKA “Visual Recoil” - Improved visibility for red glowing reticule pieces against bright backgrounds
Player Movement – Now almost identical to BF3 movement – with BF4 animation sets - Dampened third person hit reactions for player head
HUD clarification pass – De-cluttered and made customizable a plethora of HUD options to make BF4 look the way you want it to (within reason)
Revive mechanic – Made revives much more robust, easier to understand with new UI art and included a new “fully charged” paddle sound.
“Netcode” – Lowering the setting for how much time difference is allowed when damaging other players (addressing trade kills and behind cover kills where high pings are involved) - An automatic High Frequency Update setting is now the default for all users - Added High Frequency update support to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms - Additional improvements to bullet damage delays between clients compared to Netcode Patch
Weapon attachment changes – Muzzle Brake: Reduced the overall impact of this attachment. Both its positives and negatives have been reduced - Heavy Barrel: Lowered the buff it gave to minimum moving spread and moved some of that bonus into reduced spread increase. Should be a good option for longer range tap firing - Lasers: Small buff to standing hip-fire accuracy
Weapon changes Note that this list contains an excerpt – the upcoming patch notes will have a detailed list.
– Bullet velocity increases: Improved bullet velocity for Slugs and nearly all suppressed weapons. Selectively improved base velocity for weapons that were too slow for their intended range
– Damage Model: Many weapons have had their maximum and minimum damage adjusted slightly. It may take 1 extra bullet to kill at extremely close engagements and long range combat
– Trigger Delay: Removed from all revolvers
– Adjustments to slower rate of fire weapons to make them easier to use at longer ranges vs higher ROF weapons
– Carbines and PDWs now have unique bullpup modifiers that give improved bonuses over the rifle counterpart
– Ammo: Gave more ammo to the weapons that were short a mag compared to their counterparts
– DMRs: Audio when being shot at by a DMR has been improved
– SKS and M39EMR no longer allow you to hold breath
– Grenade capacity lowered and resupply times increased.
Click here for the complete patch notes for Battlefield 4.