(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – Battlefield 4 fans will be receiving Platoons starting today as part of Player Appreciation Month, announced DICE.
“Platoons in Battlefield 4 is a way for you and your friends to get together, organize yourselves, communicate, and fight together to improve your Platoon. Whether you want to share experiences in a more private space, or show the world who has the most skilled, most awesome Battlefield 4 team around, Platoons is the way to go.”
In DICE’s first iteration of Platoons, players can expect to see:
• The ability to create and join a Platoon for up to 100 members.
• Basic Platoon management such as inviting, applying, and promoting/demoting members.
• A private and public Platoon feed, where you can communicate and coordinate.
• A Platoon emblem and tag that all members can easily apply.
• The ability to earn stats for your Platoon and rank it up, and see all the matches you played together.
Users will have the option to customize their Platoons, as well as designing an emblem that all members can use.
This new feature can be accessed from the Solider dropdown menu on Battlelog and from a new tile on Home screen.
Everyone will be able to join a Platoon, however, those who want to create one will have to be a Battlefield 4 Premium member and have a solider with at least a rank 10.
More information on Platoons can be found here.