(Ping! Zine Web Hosting Magazine) – Black Hat, the world’s leading family of information security events, announced the record-breaking results of Black Hat Europe 2015, the 15th year of the show. Additionally, Black Hat is pleased to announce that Black Hat Europe will be held in London, England next year, November 1 – 4, 2016. For more information including news out of the event and to download available whitepapers and presentations, please visit: blackhat.com/eu-15/.
This week Black Hat Europe welcomed more than 1,500 of the most security-savvy professionals representing 61 different countries around the world – a record-breaking week of attendance. Featuring more than 40 innovative research-based Briefings presented by 63 of the industry’s top speakers, as well as 10 in-depth Trainings, and more than 30 open source tool demos in the Arsenal, attendees of Black Hat Europe 2015 experienced the most robust schedule to date.
Looking ahead to 2016, Black Hat Europe will celebrate its 16th year in the vibrant city of London. A tech hub for Europe, and home to many InfoSec solution providers, researchers and professionals, Black Hat is pleased to host the community November 1-4, 2016.
Some additional show highlights from this week include:
- Keynote Haroon Meer, international security researcher and founder of applied research company, Thinkst, presented, “What Got Us Here Won’t Get Us There,” (a riff on Marshall Goldsmith’s best seller, What Got You Here Won’t Get You There), to a completely packed auditorium and overflow space of attendees.
- Black Hat Arsenal returned for its 4th year with a lineup of 30 innovative and open source tools and demos – more than double the size of 2014. These independent researchers covered everything from Android application attacks to collaborative pentesting and forensic evidence collection.
- Black Hat Student Scholarship Program was back for its 2nd year in Europe as a way to introduce the next generation of security professionals to the Black Hat community. This year was record-breaking, as Black Hat proudly awarded 80 complimentary Academic Passes to qualified students for the 2015 show.
- Black Hat Business Hall was action-packed, as more than 30 of the industry’s top companies showcased their latest technologies and solutions alongside a buzzing networking lounge, career seeking station and a brand new set of content tracks facilitated by industry leading InfoSec publication, Dark Reading.
For more information on upcoming Black Hat events, and to stay up-to-date as Black Hat Europe 2016 in London nears, visit blackhat.com/ .
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat Executive Summit 2015, Omni Montelucia Resort, Scottsdale, AZ, December 8-10, 2015
- Black Hat Asia 2016, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, March 29 – April 1, 2016
- Black Hat USA 2016, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada, July 30 – August 4, 2016
- Black Hat Europe 2016, November 1-4, 2016
About Black Hat
For more than 17 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia, and are produced by UBM Tech. More information is available at: blackhat.com.
About UBM Americas: Technology Group
The Technology Group of UBM Americas engages technology professionals live and online through its world-class brands, including Black Hat, InformationWeek, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), Dark Reading, HDI, GTEC, Network Computing and Interop. We’re dedicated to fostering real engagement by creating environments where the technology industry can make connections, share insights, and network effectively. The Technology Group is the only media company that delivers large-scale industry events, leading online brands and content marketing services serving the Enterprise IT, Information Security, Game Development, Enterprise Communications and Technical Services and Support communities. UBM Americas is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.