(Ping! Zine Web Hosting Magazine) – Bynari, Inc., the leader in messaging and collaboration software, announced today the availability of the new version of its flagship product, Bynari Collaboration Suite (BCS). BCS version 6.1 is a comprehensive email and collaboration suite for enterprises and service providers who need a low-cost and accessible alternative to Microsoft Exchange and other expensive and overly complex proprietary email solutions. Full native support for Outlook client without Exchange makes BCS a great choice for enterprise customers who rely on Outlook in their day to day messaging and collaboration as well as service providers who wish to offer enterprise email services to customers using Outlook without having to deploy Exchange.
BCS version 6.1 is a tightly integrated collaboration solution that bundles an award-winning open source Kolab server, rich Ajax web client, flexible IntelliPanelTM control panel, advanced AddressBook plug-in, advanced mobility support, and Bynari’s industry leading Outlook Connector plug-in that provides full Exchange-like functionality between Outlook and all popular IMAP servers. “BCS is fully compatible with Outlook client, including Outlook 2010 (32 bit & 64 bit), and provides the same groupware functionality as Exchange/Outlook so it can serve as a true, low-cost replacement for Microsoft’s offering. What sets BCS apart is that it not only replaces Exchange, it even outperforms Microsoft’s Exchange in some areas,” says Joel Ammor, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Bynari.
Built with today’s most advanced technology, BCS creates a powerful and secure collaboration environment that increases enterprise productivity while significantly reducing the total cost of ownership. The new version offers extended compatibility and enhancements to front-end and back-end functionality, greatly improving the messaging and collaboration experience for both end users and administrators. Ammor says, “One of the major upgrades is the cross-platform Ajax web client that natively supports Outlook 2010 and has its look and feel, so no retraining will be required for enterprise users. Folder sharing was greatly simplified in this new version of WebClient. This is a feature that not even Outlook Web App (OWA) offers, which makes our client one of the most functional and attractive web clients in the industry.”
Key BCS 6.1 benefits for end users include:
- Rich Ajax-based WebClient – cross-platform, compatible with all popular browsers including Internet Explorer 8/9, Firefox 3.6/4, Safari 5, Opera 11 and Google Chrome.
- Native support for Microsoft Outlook – complete interoperability between WebClient and Outlook through the Bynari Connector.
- Familiar, easy-to-use interface – no retraining is required for experienced Outlook users.
- Lightweight and fast – high performance, no additional browser plug-ins required to run.
- Web 2.0 compatible – enhanced drag and drop functionality, extended right-click menu options.
- Improved mail management and organization – features a header display, flagged messages appear in Top Flagged Items.
- Greatly simplified folder sharing – enables sharing folders with Outlook remotely via web interface.
- Anywhere access and mobility – supports a variety of mobile devices including Blackberry, iPhone, Windows Mobile and Android devices.
With the new release, Bynari also addresses service providers’ needs by providing many enhancements to the administrative interface. “The control panel, IntelliPanelTM, also received major enhancements to give more useful features, especially for service providers. Now IntelliPanelTM gives administrators even more flexibility,” says Ammor. “Using Bynari’s APIs, administrators can easily create customized plug-ins to manage other servers or applications from within IntelliPanelTM. Administrators can also set up SSH tunnels to do remote work without the need for a Terminal Services connection, add or remove scheduled tasks at will, and much more.”
Key BCS 6.1 benefits for administrators:
- Intuitive IntelliPanelTM control panel interface – add or remove users with all services with a few clicks.
- Light-weight modular architecture – built with popular Zend framework, allows administrators to develop custom plug-ins.
- Flexible and secure – manage every aspect of the server from a secure browser login.
- Enhanced built-in management features – mailing lists, create public folders, manage user IMAP folders, resources, and global disclaimers (unique for each domain).
- Built-in backup/restore feature – run backups or restores even while users are still on the system.
- 100% customizable scheduled tasks – easily handle repetitive server maintenance tasks.
- Active Directory synchronization – enables enterprise users running Active Directory to stay in synch with Active Directory when upgrading from older versions of Exchange.
BCS Version 6.1 delivers a highly secure email and collaboration environment with powerful antivirus, anti-spam, and filtering options. BCS Version 6.1 supports as few as 10 users to as many as tens of thousands of users and can be easily scaled from a single server to a multi-tenant server cluster, with all the users served through a single installation of BCS, which greatly minimizes licensing costs. “BCS can easily run on off-the-shelf commodity hardware. BCS also allows in-place upgrades with an existing infrastructure, so hardware overhead can be minimized significantly,” says Ammor. BCS offers flexible deployment options and can be deployed both on and off-premise and offered as an in-house or hosted service. Low hardware overhead and a simple licensing model make BCS one of the most accessible email solutions for enterprises and service providers looking for a low cost alternative to Exchange and other proprietary solutions.
BCS Version 6.1 is available for download immediately. A 30-day trial version can be downloaded at bynari.net.
To learn more about Bynari, visit http://www.bynari.net.