(Ping! Zine Web Hosting Magazine) – From the AWS Summit – New York, Chef, a leader in automation for DevOps, today announced the availability of Chef in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace. Businesses of all sizes can now harness the power of Chef together with their investments on AWS to rapidly and safely deliver innovation through software. In order to provide a great customer experience, 1-Click® deployment for Chef has been enabled. Chef is also a key supporter of the AWS Lofts in San Francisco and New York City and provides technical trainings in these locations.
“Chef is one of the leading offerings for DevOps workflows, which engineers and developers depend on to accelerate their businesses,” said Dave McCann, Vice President, AWS Marketplace, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “Our customers want easy-to-use software like Chef that is available for immediate purchase and deployment in AWS Marketplace. This new partnership demonstrates our focus on offering the best possible selection of DevOps tools to power our customers’ businesses.”
“Chef is excited to expand our collaboration with AWS. AWS’s market leadership in cloud computing, coupled with our expertise in IT automation and DevOps practices, brings a new level of capabilities to our customers,” said Ken Cheney, Vice President of Business Development, Chef. “Together, we’re delivering a single source for automation, cloud, and DevOps, so businesses everywhere can spend minimal calories on managing infrastructure and maximize their ability to develop the software driving today’s economy.”
According to research firm Gartner, Inc., “By 2016, DevOps will evolve from a niche strategy employed by large cloud providers to a mainstream strategy employed by 25 percent of Global 2000 organizations.”1Chef has distilled the DevOps success patterns of its most innovative customers into an automation platform and services offering that provides AWS customers with advanced software development practices to manage change in the cloud.
Cloud computing is driving the transformation of infrastructure and applications into services, meaning IT is tasked with managing constant change at scale. Building on current field and engineering efforts, Chef and AWS are making it easier for businesses across the globe to migrate to, deploy, automate, and manage change in the cloud. Using Chef, any organization can easily migrate workloads from on-premises data centers to AWS, future-proofing IT with maximum flexibility.
Today a diverse and rapidly growing group of customers, including Adobe, Ancestry.com, Intuit, Scholastic, the University of Pennsylvania, and many more, use Chef and AWS together to speed software delivery and minimize infrastructure management and costs.
- Chef in AWS Marketplace – AWS customers can now purchase Chef with 1-Click® in AWS Marketplace, delivering a fully integrated and easy-to-use solution for automating workloads in AWS. AWS users can consume Chef at an hourly rate, paying as they scale their AWS resources. Chef provides a single platform for automating cloud deployments, enabling users to manage their entire infrastructure and seamlessly migrate workloads between different IT environments.
- Chef Brings DevOps to AWS Summit and Loft – Chef provides tailored training and content at both AWS Lofts locations in San Francisco and New York City focused on using DevOps success patterns –– including iterative and test-driven development, continuous delivery, and cross-team collaboration –– in combination with Chef’s IT automation platform to extract maximum value from the AWS cloud.
Learn More about Chef and AWS
- Chef in AWS Marketplace
- Register for Chef training at the AWS Loft in San Francisco
- Register for Chef training at the AWS Loft in New York
- Visit Chef at AWS Summit NYC at booth #515
- Learn more about Chef
- Read about DevOps
- Follow Chef on Twitter @chef
Founded in 2008, Chef Software is changing the way companies build and deliver software to delight customers. Chef is the leader in automation for DevOps, empowering customers to build and operate high velocity organizations. Built on a strong open source foundation, we have distilled the proven patterns and practices for fast and scalable software development into our leading IT automation platform. Chef automates the continuous and unified delivery of applications and infrastructure, enabling enterprises worldwide to deliver software much faster with minimal risk. With hundreds of commercial customers and tens of thousands of open source community members, we are leading one of the strongest technology movements today. The company is based in Seattle, WA, and financed by Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, DFJ, Ignition, and ScaleVP. Learn more about Chef at www.chef.io.
1″Market Trends: DevOps — Not a Market, but a Tool-Centric Philosophy That Supports a Continuous Delivery Value Chain”, Wurster, Colville, Duggan, Feb. 18, 2015.