(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – 2014 is looking to be a big year for the gaming world with many new expansions, updates, and game titles, especially with the recent releases of the PS4 and Xbox One.
Blizzard Entertainment’s biggest games, World of Warcraft and Diablo 3, are set to be receiving new expansions packs in the coming year.
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is the first expansion in the Diablo III game. Two versions will be released in 2014, a standard edition for $40, and a collector’s edition for $50 which will feature exclusive in-game content and bonus items. New features in the expansion include:
- A fifth chapter set in Westmarch
- Raised level cap to 70
- Existing followers will gain extra background and side-quests
- Adventure mode
- Malthael returns as the Angle of Death
- New class of warrior, The Crusader
- Loot 2.0
- And more
Warlords of Draenor will be WoW’s fifth major expansion pack in the series. Users can expect many new features such as:
- Level cap raise to 100
- New world: Draenor, homeworld of the orcish race
- Stat changes-removal of hit, expertise, dodge, and parry and addition of movement speed and cleave
- Inventory updates
- Level 90 character upgrade
- Refined quest log and with hundreds of new quests
- 6 new dungeons with revamped Upper Blackrock Spire
- Permanent ability bonus
- And many more
Reaper of Souls was announced in August at Gamescon and Warlords of Draenor was announced at Blizzcon 2013 in November.