(Ping! Zine Web Hosting Magazine) – The Digital Analytics Association (DAA) last night bestowed its 2015 Awards for Excellence on five recipients. The global awards competition, now in its fifth year, honors outstanding contributions to the field of digital analytics. The 29 Finalists for the award were also recognized, at the 2015 DAA Awards for Excellence Gala held here during the eMetrics Summit, the Official Conference of the DAA.
The award categories and recipients are:
- Digital Analytics Rising Star:
Ben Gaines, Senior Product Manager, Adobe Analytics, Adobe
- Practitioner of the Year:
Krista Seiden, Analytics Advocate, Google
- Most Influential Industry Contributor:
Aurelie Pols, Chief Visionary Officer, Mind Your Privacy SL
- New Technology of the Year
- Most Influential Industry Agency/Vendor:
More than 75 nominations were submitted for the 2015 awards, and the finalists were determined earlier this year by votes from the DAA members. The ultimate award recipients were selected by a panel of 32 distinguished independent judges who represent all sectors of the digital analytics industry.
“It is gratifying to recognize how our industry has evolved and prospered, as shown in the increasing sophistication and ingenuity displayed by the annual award nominees. The DAA is proud to honor these individuals and organizations who are contributing so impressively to the field of digital analytics,” said Charles Davis, VP, Solutions Director at Blast Analytics & Marketing and Chair of the Awards for Excellence Committee. “We congratulate all the recipients on their successful achievements, and we are glad we have this occasion to thank them for their efforts that are so influential in strengthening our profession.”
Two additional awards were also presented at the Gala:
- The Jim Novo Award of Academic Excellence, presented by the DAA and UBC Continuing Studies to the graduate(s) with the highest grade average over all four courses of the UBC Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics, went to:
- Alexander Ozdowski, Business Intelligence/Analytics Manager, Expedia, Inc.
- The President’s Awards, given to people who have gone above and beyond the call of duty for the DAA, went to:
- Colin Coleman, Sr. Director, Analytics Products Strategy and Data Governance, Turner Broadcasting System
- Charles Davis, VP, Solutions Director, Blast Analytics & Marketing
- Krista Seiden, Analytics Advocate, Google
- Bithika Mehra, Manager, Digital Research, Viacom Media Networks
- Michelle Rutan, Measurement Program Manager, National Instruments
The Gala was supported by the DAA’s generous sponsors: Hub’Scan as the Premier Sponsor; Ensighten and the DAA’s San Francisco Chapter at the Gold level; and Adobe, Analytics Pros, Google, Tealium and Visual IQ at the Silver level.
About the Digital Analytics Association (DAA)
The DAA is a not-for-profit, volunteer-powered association whose mission is to make analytics professionals more effective and valuable through professional development and community. Its vision is advancing the profession of using data to improve business.
The DAA was founded as the Web Analytics Association in 2004. The organization has members around the world, representing 40 countries and a broad spectrum of expertise. For more information about the DAA, or to become a member, visit the DAA website at www.digitalanalyticsassociation.org.