(Ping! Zine Web Hosting Magazine) – Black Hat, the world’s leading family of information security events, announced the lineup of high intensity Briefings selected for Black Hat Asia 2016, with additional top-notch content still to come. Returning to Singapore with the world’s brightest information security professionals and researchers, Black Hat speakers will unveil vulnerabilities that could impact everything from the latest Android and iOS operating systems to automobiles, major web browsers and even police drones, to name a few. Black Hat Asia will take place March 29 – April 1, 2016 at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. For more information and to take advantage of early registration prices by January 30 please visit: blackhat.com/asia-16/.
Some of the highlights of the Black Hat Asia 2016 lineup announced so far include:
- Hearing the next generation of CAN exploitation in automobiles – attendees will hear the latest research on the open-source tool, CANard – known as an affordable way to hack the Controller Area Network (CAN) – which has been constantly evolving with reverse engineering and fuzzing in mind.
- Exposing flaws in Android and iOS systems – from the latest spyware, new defense tools and nearly a dozen vulnerabilities in some of the most popular 3rd-party web browsers on the Android side of the house, to Apple’s insecurities within their Developer Enterprise Program and recent changes in security that may allow malicious attackers to more easily develop malware.
- Exploring (and hacking) the latest police drones – looking at how these drones are being used to perform daily critical operations and diving into some of the security flaws with an exploit that could compromise and take over full control.
To see the program lineup so far and read all of the presentation abstracts, visit: blackhat.com/asia-16/briefings.html .
Black Hat Trainings
These world class Briefings will come after two days of high intensity and deeply technical Training courses taught by the industry’s most renowned instructors. These separate technical deep-dives will cover topics ranging from the latest in infrastructure hacking and effective incident response to cryptography and penetration testing of all kinds. For information on course pricing and registration, please check the individual Training pages here: blackhat.com/asia-16/training/index.html.
Black Hat Arsenal: CALL FOR TOOLS
Black Hat’s ever-popular tool and demo area is coming back to Singapore and is opening the Call for Tools (CFT) this week! Offering a platform to show off the latest and greatest research and developments from the open-source community, be sure to get your submissions ready for the most hands-on part of the show. More information can be found here: blackhat.com/asia-16/special-events.html.
Sponsor Black Hat Asia
Top sponsors of Black Hat Asia 2016 include Diamond Sponsor: Tenable Network Security; Platinum Sponsors: LogRhythm and Qualys; and Gold Sponsor: Rapid7. For more information on sponsorship opportunities and to see the full list of participating companies, visit: blackhat.com/asia-16/sponsors.html.
For more information and to register before early registration pricing ends January 30, please visit: blackhat.com/asia-16/ .
Connect with Black Hat
- Twitter: twitter.com/BlackHatEvents– hashtag #BlackHat
- Facebook: facebook.com/blackhat
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=37658
- Flickr: flickr.com/photos/blackhatevents/
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat Asia 2016, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, March 29 – April 1, 2016
- Black Hat USA 2016, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada, July 30 – August 4, 2016
- Black Hat Europe 2016, London, England, November 1 – 4, 2016
About Black Hat
For more than 18 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available at: blackhat.com. Black Hat is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communications services business. For more information, visit ubmamericas.com.