(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – Facebook on Thursday unveiled what it described as its “new presence on Android” – rolling out an app that specially integrates the OS with its social network in some pretty cool ways.
While planning to make an app for Facebook Home available through the Google Play Store, the company also announced new devices that would carry the feature by default. One such was the HTC First. Below we highlight what you should expect regarding the smartphone:
- Availability: For now, the carrier is limited to AT&T
- Pricing: $99.99 with a two year contract
- Release Date: It should ship by April 10th
- Switching On: When doing so, you’re instantly presented with updates from friends via the social network. This is done with something called “Cover Feed.” Via HTC.com, the company describes it as such: “Cover Feed is a live Facebook Home stream that constantly refreshes to give you the latest posts at a glance. Double tap to “like” a photo, post, or image. Upload content and make comments right from your phone. Stay directly connected to your friends without additional clicks or scrolling with Cover Feed.”
- Chatting: A primary part of what makes Facebook fun is the network’s chatting capability. Through something called “Chat Heads,” users are allows to perform other tasks on the device all while still seeing the chat.
- Memory: 16GB
- Camera: 5MP
- Network: LTE
- Processor: Dual Core 1.4 GHz
- Weight: 4.37 oz
- Apps: With App Launcher, Facebook makes it easy to reach your favorite applications via one location. From here, you can also change your status, add photos and more.
- Swipe Notifications: This is available through the device’s home screen. Easily make notifications disappear or view them for more info with swipe.