(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – Jelastic, Inc., provider of the industry’s first Platform-as-Infrastructure solution, today announced support for multiple ISV software packages in Jelastic’s products for enterprises, hosting service providers and developers. This support is achieved usingOpenShift by Red Hat’s pluggable Cartridge standard, allowing those developers to build application interfaces only once, instead of multiple times for each PaaS/platform, and immediately achieve support for OpenShift PaaS and Jelastic Platform-as-Infrastructure.
Last November, Jelastic announced a collaboration with Red Hat, Inc., the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, on OpenShift to drive the global standardization of pluggable Cartridges for Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). As a result of that collaboration, Jelastic has added support for OpenShift’s Cartridge model to its Platform-as-Infrastructure offering—making it easier for independent software vendors (ISVs) to offer core services in multiple platforms and for a wider array of cloud ecosystems and marketplaces.
The first vendor applications to be supported by Jelastic using the Cartridge model are:
- Neo4j Server: a highly scalable, robust native graph database
- Redis: an open source, BSSD licensed, advanced key-value store
- Apache Cassandra: a scalable and highly-available database
- Jetty: A web server providing an HTTP server and Servlet container
“Jelastic is committed to dramatically simplifying the development, deployment and management of the enterprise cloud, providing full control to IT management while allowing self-management of environments and resources by developers and DevOps,” said John Derrick, Jelastic CEO. “Our support of Cartridge standardization enables ISVs to focus on providing real value to customers—instead of spending resources coding for multiple platforms. This announcement is the start of a rapidly growing ecosystem of applications for Jelastic’s Platform-as-Infrastructure, delivering real value to our customers worldwide.”
“OpenShift’s collaboration with Jelastic on the pluggable Cartridge standard demonstrates the power of the open source community to drive significant efficiencies and benefits for an ecosystem of developers, ISVs and enterprise customers,” said Julio Tapia, director, OpenShift Ecosystem, Red Hat. “This announcement demonstrates that ISVs can now code once for multiple PaaS platforms to rapidly address a larger market, simply by adopting the Openshift pluggable Cartridge format.”
- Jelastic’s Platform-as-Infrastructure is a turnkey cloud solution that can be deployed as a private, public or hybrid cloud by enterprises or hosting service providers.
- Platform-as-Infrastructure combines the traditional paradigms of Platform-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service to provide a comprehensive Java, Ruby and PHP platform.
- Jelastic achieves significant deployment, management and operational savings by delivering a turnkey cloud platform for a fraction of the cost of existing virtualization solutions.
- For developers, Jelastic provides one-click deployment and automatic scalability of Java, Ruby and PHP applications without the need to code to proprietary APIs.
Jelastic, Inc., provides enterprise software that re-defines the economics of cloud deployment and management. Jelastic is the first company to deliver Platform-as-Infrastructure, combining the flexibility of IaaS and the ease of use of PaaS within a single turnkey platform, at a fraction of the cost of existing virtualized environments. Jelastic, headquartered in San Mateo, California, enables enterprises and hosting service providers to unleash the full potential of the cloud. For more information or to start a free, two-week trial, visit us at http://www.jelastic.com.