(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – Later this month Mario Kart 8 characters will be riding in style with the new Mercedes-Benz themed DLC that launches on the 22nd anniversary of Nintendo’s original Super Mario Kart video game.
According to a press release from Nintendo, the free DLC will be available via an in-game download, which adds three Mercedes cars, the 1950s 300 SL Roadster, the 1930s Silver Arrow, and the modern GLA.
“The GLA model comes with special wheel options, while players can customize all three new karts with various wheels and gliders in the game,” says the company.
Additionally, an update will be available alongside the DLC adding the following new features:
- Drivers will now have the option to display the course map on the TV screen during races.
- The order of the menu after each race will be changed to “Next Race”, followed by “Watch Highlight Reel”.
- The game will remember the most recent kart options that were selected, even if the Wii U system was powered down.
- Users will be able to change options of other players’ Mario Kart TV download highlight reels, such as changing the focus to different characters or actions.
- A score screen will be added so players can see how many coins they’ve collected, the win-loss record of their online battles and their frequently used characters.
- Improved the stability of the online connection to enhance user experience during online battles.
As an anniversary celebration, Nintendo is offering Super Mario Kart for only $7.99 from the Nintendo eShop on Wii U so that players can “experience where the series got its start.”
The Mercedes-Benz DLC and Mario Kart 8 update will be available on August 27th for Wii U consoles.