(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – Microsoft is now accepting the popular online payment system, Bitcoin, as payment in its Windows and Xbox stores.
“You can now use Bitcoin to add money to your Microsoft account,” says the tech giant via billing help page. “Once you add money to your Microsoft account, you can use it as a payment option to buy apps, games, and other digital content from Windows, Windows Phone, Xbox Games, Xbox Music, or Xbox Video stores.”
Below are instructions for adding Bitcoins to your account:
- Sign in to your Microsoft Billing account
- Select Payment options> Microsoft account> redeem bitcoin
- Input the amount you wish to add to your account then select Next
- Select Pay with Bitcoin from your computer to purchase your products
- If you are on a mobile device then san the QR code to the display page and pay from your mobile wallet app
The tech giant notes that customers using Bitcoins cannot be refunded after purchases are made.
Microsoft joins a number of other companies that also accept bitcoins, which include Amazon, Target, CVS, Reddit, PayPal, Zynga, and Expedia, among many others.