(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – Today is the day that many Minecraft users have been anxiously awaiting, the day that Minecraft: Pocket Edition receives its “biggest update ever.”
Mojang has been teasing update 0.9.0 for some time now, but today it is finally available on iOS and Android devices.
The update introduces many new features to the mobile game such as unlimited worlds, more than two dozen new blocks, new mobs, world feature generation, and new biomes from the PC edition like mesas, jungles, swamps, and savannas, among many others.
According to the developer, other changes include:
- New blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks
- The ability to tame loyal companions such as wolves
- New flowers
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms
- New biomes form the PC version such as mesas, jungles, extreme hills, and swamps
- A new “interaction” button
- Abandoned villages, mineshafts, and other exciting places
- New generation feature such as vines, lakes, and monster rooms
- Bug fixes
A complete list of bug fixes and additions can be found here.