(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – As always, Mojang has released this week’s preview of Minecraft’s 1.8 update through snapshot 14w32a.
According to the developer, notable changes include an erased knowledge of “The Event”, a change that allows beacon light to change as it goes through glass, and the addition of red sandstone and an armour stand.
Like previous snapshots, this week’s include a number of bug fixes such as fixing the sound when items drop in water and fixing gamerule commands that allow parameters other than true/false.
The complete change log can be found below:
▪ Gamerule commands allow parameters other than true/false
▪ Heart bar doesn’t show how much damage is dealt to the player
▪ Golden Carrot Creative Misplacement
▪ Textures and Effects are off when far away from the center of the map
▪ Playing stacked music discs in jukebox will duplicate them
▪ No splash sound when items dropped in water
▪ Search function returns some extra potion results
▪ Redundant code
▪ Enderprearl thrown before death teleports after respawn
▪ Back button overlaps kick message
▪ Spectator mode description
▪ Death by lightning bolt claims players go up in flames
▪ item names are in brackets
▪ Sandstone spawning in Mesa Biome at cave entrances