The move arrives as 4J turned Title Update 12 over to Microsoft for official certification.
You can view the change list below (made available via Minecraftforum.net):
Change log for Title Update 12 – August 9th 2013
– Iron Golem
– Baby Villager
– Redstone Lamp
– Jungle Wood Stairs
– Jungle Wood Half Slab
– Jungle Wood Block
– Jungle Wood Planks
– Jungle Tree Sapling
– Ocelot Spawn Egg
– (Creative Mode only) Chiseled Stone Brick
– (Creative Mode only) Mob Heads (Skeleton, Wither Skeleton, Zombie, Human and Creeper)
– New Tutorial World.
– New map height limit (256 instead of 128).
– Jungle Biome
– Jungle trees
– Cocoa beans grow on Jungle trees
– Slabs and Stairs can be placed upside-down by placing them below a block.
– Added Corner Stairs and upside down Corner Stairs.
– Added 3D dropped items.
– Added dispensing Boats and Minecarts to Dispenser.
– New ambient cave sounds.
– New AI for Mobs.
– Added rare drops for Mobs.
– Villagers will have children if there is room in their village.
– Zombie sieges will occur occasionally at night.
– Zombies break down doors on Hard Mode.
– Crafting recipe for ladder now yields 3 ladders instead of 2.
– Placing blocks on grass will replace it.
– Lava now has a faint rumbling sound effect, and large particles that hop out of the lava produce a popping sound.
– Very rare Desert Wells can be found in Desert biomes.
– Increased max boats in a world to 40.
– When in the Nether, Snow Golems will melt and die same as when they are in Desert biomes.
– Abandoned Mineshafts can generate with wooden bridges now when generated over a cave or over top another tunnel.
– Doors have been updated so that double doors work better with Redstone.
– Added a Favorites tab to the Skin Selector menu, storing most recently used skins.
– Added support for Texture Packs and Mash-up Packs, and display of these in the Minecraft Store.
– Fixed local player shadows not being displayed.
– Fixed a few issues with the Privileges settings.
– Fixed visible seams in clouds.
– Fixed 3rd person camera issues with water, where the underwater filter would be randomly removed.
– Fix for structures generating at the edge of a world.
– Fix for putting enchanted items in a Minecart With Chest and destroying it removes the enchantments.
– Fix for breaking a bow having improper animation.
– Fix to make Minecarts run at the correct speed.
– Fixed a few memory leaks.
– Fixed issue with “Can Open Containers” option.
– Fixed issues with “Can Build and Mine” option.
– Fixed Issue with TNT blocks being triggered by explosions even with “TNT explodes” option off.
– Fixed Wolves not tilting their heads when the player has a bone in their hand.
– Fixed the color of Potion particles status effect to match the Potion color.
– Fix for doors spitting in half and glitching in open/closed motion when mined.
– Fixed artifacts on edge of flames when in first person.
– Fixed a lot of game lighting issues.