(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – Are you using social media as part of your marketing or public relations effort? Social media is continually becoming integrated into many aspects of small business planning. There are many reasons why it is important to monitor your social media accounts.
- Crisis Management – If your business goes through a situation where customers are upset, you can identify the problem immediately and work towards a solution.
- Marketing/Public Relations – Social media is a good outlet to market your product or service. By monitoring your social media accounts you can gain insight to how your product is received by the public.
- Competitor Information – Monitoring competitor social media accounts keeps your business up to date on what competitors are doing.
- Customer Service – Often, customers turn to social media to voice their complaints or their satisfaction. It is important to monitor for customer service so you can respond to their information.
- Information Seeking – Monitoring social media can give insight to new trends in your industry.
With so many different social media websites on the internet, it can become a daunting task to handle all of your accounts. The best way to monitor your small business campaigns and social media presence is through the use of social media monitoring tools. With each different social media platform there are different types of monitoring applications.
- Broad based – If you are looking for a monitoring application where you can link your Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Foursquare and more, then you want to go with a website like Hootsuite.
- Twitter – If you want to monitor every time a user tweets about your company there is TweetBeep and TwitterSearch.
- Blogs – Google and Yahoo alerts both let you know when your business has been searched for on the internet.
Photo Credit: ©iStockphoto.com/adventtr
1&1 Internet Inc., a global leader among Web hosts, provides companies with the tools necessary to get online and be successful. For more useful tips on how you can drive success for your business via your website or online marketing methods, visit success.1and1.com.”