(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – CloudBerry Lab, a cloud backup and cloud storage management vendor today announces a release of CloudBerry Backup v3.8 with cloud-to-cloud and cloud-to-local backup support for public clouds such as Windows Azure, Amazon S3, Openstack, Rackspace, HP Cloud and over 15 other providers.
Public cloud storage attracts many small and mid-size organizations, offering high scalability, availability and constantly decreasing prices. However, with all the advantages, companies are still responsible for the protection of data that stored in the cloud.
“Although leading cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services and Windows Azure guarantee data durability and accessibility, they can’t help you to restore accidently deleted or corrupted files,” says Alexey Serkov, CTO at CloudBerry Lab. “New CloudBerry Backup v3.8 allows organizations ensure cloud-based data is protected and available for granular file-level restore at any time.”
With CloudBerry Backup 3.8, users can move cloud-based data to a selected cloud storage or to a local disk. The latest version allows users to schedule backup jobs, configure retention policies and specify file types to backup or to skip as well as define purge options for backup files. Automatic email notifications help users quickly address possible issues with backups. With all advanced features of CloudBerry Backup, organizations can protect valuable business data stored in the cloud.
In addition to cloud-to-cloud and cloud-to-local new features CloudBerry Backup v3.8 also comes with the following updates and enhancements:
- Built-in backup storage search for fast file search and restore;
- Improved email notifications with customizable subject and notifications for restore jobs;
- Ability to purge the last file version;
- MS SQL Server cluster support.
CloudBerry Backup is a cost efficient cloud backup and disaster recovery solution for Microsoft Windows operating systems that transfers backup data to the selected public cloud storage account and restores it at any time. CloudBerry Backup is fully compatible with all major cloud storage services including Windows Azure, Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Openstack, Softlayer, HP Cloud and other.
Availability and Prices:
CloudBerry Backup comes with a permanent license per computer. All components of CloudBerry Backup v3.8 are available immediately in:
- Desktop edition for Windows workstations that costs $29.99;
- Server edition for Window Servers that costs $79.99;
- Bare-Metal edition with System State Backup and Bare Metal Recovery for Windows Servers that costs $119.99;
- MS SQL edition for Windows Servers with MS SQL Server that costs $149.99;
- MS Exchange edition for Windows Servers with MS Exchange that costs $229.99;
- Enterprise edition with all-in-one features that costs $299.99.
For more information and to download the evaluation copy, please visit our website at:http://www.cloudberrylab.com/backup.
About CloudBerry Lab:
CloudBerry Lab was established in 2008 by a group of experienced IT professionals with the mission to help organizations in adopting cloud computing technologies by closing the gap between cloud vendor propositions and consumer needs through development of innovative low-costs solutions.