(Ping! Zine Web Hosting Magazine) – GigaOM, a leading business and technology media company, today announced the launch of its newest conference, GigaOM RoadMap, on the connected consumer. RoadMap will take place November 10, 2011 at the Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco.
“What happens when people start using wireless and broadband in everything they do? ‘Connectedness’ has completely changed the way we live, create, consume and earn,” said Om Malik, founder and senior writer, GigaOM. “RoadMap is about providing attendees with 18 months of core trends, reflecting and extending how we report on technology at GigaOM and how we analyze the impact of technology on businesses at GigaOM Pro.”
RoadMap will bring together leading speakers from the technology, media, greentech, entertainment, finance, retail, and consumer products industries. Key themes include:
- Data: The New Plastic – How has cloud computing opened up billions of petabytes of data to deliver vast new insights into consumer behaviors and business opportunities?
- The Alive Web – The Alive Web is where communal interaction is more important than the content being shared. Is this the end of “page views” and the beginning of the economics of attention?
- Collaborative Consumption – How will web services that enable consumers to share goods and services – from cars to apartments to office space – impact consumption in the years to come?
- Connected Media – What will happen to movies, games and music in a post-broadcast world of media where you can watch anything, anywhere, anytime?
- Connected Bodies – How will the medical industry adopt mobile technologies to deliver new era of networked and connected healthcare?
- Connected Cars – What is the car of the future like? With broadband and chips to control everything from fuel injection to chassis alignment, will they basically drive themselves?
GigaOM RoadMap is a must-attend conference for anyone who wants to understand the next wave of technology trends to affect the connected consumer. Registration is now live at http://event.gigaom.com/roadmap/registration/.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading provider of online media, events and research for global technology innovators. The company is one of the most credible and insightful voices at the intersection of business and technology, with an online audience of more than 4 million monthly unique visitors; industry-leading events, including RoadMap, Structure, Mobilize, Net:Work, Green:Net and Structure:Data; and a pioneering market research service and digital community, GigaOM Pro, which provides insider access to expert analysis on emerging technology markets. http://www.gigaom.com