(Ping! Zine Web Hosting Magazine) – Odin today announced the availability of Plesk 12.5, the latest release of the most widely used web server and website management tool. Plesk 12.5 builds upon last year’s launch of Plesk 12 to provide an improved user interface and greater up-sell opportunities for providers including security features such as Server Shield Plus and MagicSpam. The server administrator side boasts a completely redesigned look for mobile devices, making it easier for service providers to interact with customers and access self-repair tools. Plesk continues to offer four different editions created to address the unique needs of web administrators, application developers, web professionals and hosting service providers.
“Our partners are looking for cutting-edge services and more opportunities to provide flexibility and supportability for their customers,” said Jerome Stewart, vice president, product marketing, Odin. “Plesk 12.5 allows service providers to better serve their customers with improved security, add-ons and user interface.”
Plesk 12.5 features include:
- Improved core experiences – The new interface allows users to easily install and manage their websites from a single platform. Enhanced migration tools allow for a simple transition from old to new versions and migration from cPanel.
- Improved supportability – Plesk servers are easier to maintain by service providers and new users not accustomed to managing servers.
- Self-repair tools – Automated healing and recovery functionality is built into Plesk 12.5 so that many technical issues can self-repair without needing skilled support.
- Enhanced audience focus for website developers – Through the built-in WordPress toolkit, Plesk 12.5 allows web professionals to mass-manage themes and plugins while simplifying the back-end administrative requirements.
- Sidekick.pro – This extension helps highlight new features without the user needing additional support. Self-serve tutorials take users step-by-step through tasks using text, voice and visual guides.
- Upgraded security with the ability to add on Server Shield Plus – This CloudFlare WAF (web application firewall) stops threats before they reach the server, works on the network edge, and doesn’t require the installation of any additional hardware or software. Additional upgraded security features come from new security packs, including MagicSpam which is included in both email security packs.
“We’re thrilled to launch ServerShield Plus as part of Plesk 12.5,” said Maria Karaivanova, business development, CloudFlare. “This new version of ServerShield gives both hosting providers and Plesk server users access to CloudFlare’s web application firewall, ensuring protection of customers’ websites from common web threats and specialized attacks before they reach their servers.”
“We are very excited to continue our long-time partnership with Odin and bring the new features of the most recent version of Plesk to the users of our managed and fully managed VPS hosting solutions,” said J A Gregor, senior product manager, Media Temple. “We are committed to offering only premium products to our customers by staying current with the latest technologies available.”
Odin provides software that powers the cloud ecosystem, from small and local hosters to some of the world’s largest telecommunications providers. By partnering with Odin, service providers gain access to industry expertise, a catalog of the most in-demand cloud applications, and the most comprehensive selection of software including web server management, server virtualization, provisioning, and billing automation. With offices in 15 countries, Odin supports more than 10,000 service providers in delivering applications and cloud services to more than 10 million SMBs.