The new portal, based on v4.1 of the OnApp Cloud platform also released today, gives service providers a highly configurable, enterprise-grade front end for a wide range of cloud services based on VMware vCloud Director 5.6 and 8.0, vCloud Air and vCenter. The addition of vCloud Air support, new monitoring and billing capabilities, new self-service capabilities, and a global marketplace module for vCloud-based services, paves the way for OnApp to become the de facto customer portal for all VMware vCloud Air Network service providers.
“More than 3,000 service providers in 93 countries use OnApp to sell the complete range of Infrastructure-as-a-Service products through a ‘single pane of glass’ control panel,” said OnApp CEO, Ditlev Bredahl. “With the new version of our VMware portal, we’ve taken big steps towards providing that single pane of glass experience for all vCloud Air Network products. With OnApp as your end user portal you’ll have: a host of new ways to grow your cloud business, access to the latest VMware functionality, a totally transformed user experience and above all, a mature, secure and highly resilient front end that’s been proven in production by thousands of global service providers.”
The OnApp portal provides a streamlined, highly automated environment for deploying and managing vApps, VMs, Catalogs, Firewalls, users, billing plans and more, via an intuitive and fully rebrandable user interface. A large number of VMware-based cloud service providers are now trialling, deploying or actively using the new OnApp portal in production, including Immedion LLC, South Carolina and Western North Carolina’s premiere provider of Cloud, colocation and managed services.
“Meeting the needs of our customers is always our top priority, and the OnApp portal gives us a fast and intuitive way to streamline provisioning and billing for the services we offer as part of the VMware vCloud Air Network MSP initiative,” said Rob Moser, Chief Operating Officer of Immedion.
OnApp launched the first version of its vCloud Air Network portal at the end of 2014 to bring intuitive cloud management and provisioning to VMware vCloud Director, following VMware’s move to make all new vCloud Director functionality available through APIs only from the release of vCloud Director 5.6. The new OnApp portal introduces a range of new features, including:
- vCloud Air support – OnApp for vCloud Air Network now integrates with vCloud Air, adds new UI options such as Virtual Server monitoring, and features integrated billing plans.
- vCloud Templates, which enable cloud providers to offer dynamic self service capabilities to clients, in readiness for the launch of vCloud Director 8.0. Cloud providers can set up ready-to-deploy packaged resources (such as CPU and storage) which customers can use to deploy their applications.
- Enhanced vApp management: the OnApp portal enables the creation of new vApps using VMs from other vApps, or vApp templates, and provides a wide range of tools for managing and configuring resources, networks and VMs associated with a vApp.
Network and edge gateway management: the OnApp portal enables providers to configure a wide range of network services via the UI.
- Enhanced metering, monitoring and billing: OnApp for vCloud Air Network replaces VMware Chargeback Manager, and brings OnApp’s highly configurable billing engine to VMware-based cloud service delivery.
- Global marketplace – the OnApp portal includes a free marketplace module that vCloud Air Network service providers can customize and use to create their own marketplace for services built on their OnApp and VMware cloud platform. The marketplace features an integrated payment gateway, invoicing support and other functions.
The OnApp portal for vCloud Air Network service providers features simple monthly licensing with installation, configuration and 24×7 support included, with a 15 minute SLA as standard.
The new portal is based on v4.1 of the OnApp Cloud platform, which also reaches general availability today. In addition to the new features for vCloud Air Network service providers, OnApp v4.1 includes Application Servers, which enable cloud providers to make hundreds of ready-to-deploy SaaS products available to their customers in just a few clicks; Virtual Server Instances, which simplify provisioning and billing for a service provider’s customers; and the beta version of OnApp Accelerator, a patent-pending web application accelerator which enables cloud providers to automatically optimize web pages, scripts and images for their customers, and distribute them globally with a single click.
OnApp software enables hosts, telcos and other service providers to sell the complete range of Infrastructure-as-a-Service products, from bare-bones virtual servers to fully-automated cloud, dedicated servers, CDN, storage and more. The OnApp platform also gives service providers on-demand access to the OnApp Federation, a global network of cloud providers connected to a wholesale marketplace, where they can buy and sell compute and CDN capacity on demand.
OnApp launched in July 2010. Today more than 3,000 service providers in 93 countries run on OnApp software. OnApp has 140 staff across the EU, U.S. and Asia-Pacific and is headquartered in London, UK. For more information visit http://onapp.com