(Ping! Zine Web Hosting Magazine) – OneNeck IT Solutions announces the completion of their Tier 3 data center in the Denver metro area, inside Douglas County. This is the company’s first data center in Colorado and ninth in the U.S. The $20 million facility opens with 35,000 square feet of built-out space. Once fully constructed, the building will cover 160,000 square feet on an 11.2 acre lot.
The data center aims to meet demand from the continued boom in data storage and managed online services in the Denver area and throughout the Rocky Mountain region. In addition, the facility is designed to serve as a disaster tolerance/avoidance alternative for companies based throughout the United States. As more companies and industries turn to cloud computing and outsourced IT services, OneNeck is in a position to meet their needs.
“Our state-of-the-art Tier 3 data center, with Tier 4 electrical, is open for business,” said Phil LaForge, president and CEO of OneNeck. “When I look around at this top-notch facility, I know our customers will be pleased with the features that guarantee safety, security and access to their mission-critical IT.”
According to LaForge, one of the most intentional features was to keep HVAC equipment and water sources completely out of the data rooms. “This way,” he says, “all six sides of our data rooms are built like a concrete fortress to provide an added measure of safety, load bearing strength, and protection for our customer’s most critical IT equipment and business systems. Built to be fault tolerant and continuously maintainable without interruption, this facility is designed to deliver maximum reliability for our customers.”
In all, the newly constructed OneNeck data center has 11.5 million pounds of high-density concrete surrounding and supporting the structure and everything inside of it. The walls and ceilings are made of prestressed, steel-reinforced concrete, 15 inches thick. The roof, which is also concrete, has a cambered design to provide additional load-bearing capacity.
OneNeck posted a time-lapse video showing the year-long construction process in just over three minutes.
- The newest OneNeck data center includes:
- Tier 3+ with Tier 4 electrical ensures multiple levels of redundancy and backup.
- Three factor security authentication, including iris dynamics scanners for positive human identification.
- Built to support SSAE 16, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, and HIPAA compliance requirements.
- Ultra-quick responding VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) fire detection system.
- Energy saving cooling design with a projected PUE of 1.2 or less.
- Self-balancing, redundant, and flexible accommodation of energy use and thermal densities for cabinet arrangements.
- OneNeck would like to extend appreciation to the Douglas County Commissioners for their support of this project. The company was able to leverage a personal property tax rebate and construction fee waivers provided by the Board of Douglas County Commissioners to build in the southeast corner of the Denver metro area.
“We are proud that Douglas County is the home of OneNeck’s newest data center,” said Jill Repella, Chair, Board of Douglas County Commissioners. “The Commissioners firmly believe in providing a positive and welcoming environment for businesses that add to our community’s economic vitality. OneNeck is doing just that and we couldn’t be more pleased.”
In addition to the Commissioners, the County of Douglas (Development, Construction, Inspection departments), South Metro Fire Rescue Authority, Arapahoe County Water and Wastewater Authority, Southeast Metro Storm Water Authority, the Concord Metropolitan District, and XCEL Energy were all instrumental in this project. LaForge added, “The collaboration and coordination of these groups, enroute to successful completion of our new data center, is truly appreciated.”
By the end of the month, OneNeck, a provider of hybrid IT solutions, expects to have its ReliaCloud® pod placed in this facility. A cloud-based hosting solution, with full hybrid capabilities, ReliaCloud is designed for resource-intensive applications and databases that require a secure and compliance-ready operational framework without capital outlay.
OneNeck offers a full suite of hybrid IT solutions including cloud and hosting solutions; ReliaCloud® enterprise cloud services; managed services; ERP application management; professional services; and IT hardware. OneNeck also has Tier 3 data centers in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Arizona, and Oregon.