(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – Sony has officially announced that Naughty Dog’s hit survival horror game will be making its way to the PS4.
According to the PlayStation blog, the PS4 version, titled The Last of Us Remastered, will feature a number of upgrades and improvements, including improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, and higher resolution character models.
“We’ve been working hard on The Last of Us Remastered to release a next-gen evolution worthy of the 200+ Game of the Year awards, not to mention the acclaim and expectations of our fans,” says Naughty Dog community strategist Arne Meyer.
All major content released after the games original launch last summer will be included in the PS4 version, such as the Left Behind expansion, Reclaimed Territories pack, and the Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack.
Users who pre-order the game from retailers will receive some extra bonus items:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Those who pre-order from the PlayStation Store will receive bonuses that unlock in Factions multiplayer mode:
- Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
- Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
- Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
Additionally, a directors commentary will be included in the release, and will feature Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and Voice Actress, Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.
The Last of Us Remastered is set to be released Summer 2014.
Below you can find the debut trailer of the game.