(Ping! Zine Web Hosting Magazine) – Sprocket Networks, a provider of dedicated server, managed, and co-location services based in Dallas, Texas, has opened its first hosting presence on the west coast in downtown Los Angeles, California. Sprocket Networks will provide managed dedicated server and colocation services from this new facility.
“We are very pleased to be able to provide a west coast presence for our customers,” said Justin Clutter, CIO of Sprocket Networks. “Our customers have requested lower latency to the Pacific Rim and we are able to accommodate them from Los Angeles as well as provide another location for DR and backup purposes for our other sites.”
Sprocket Network’s new facility is located in the LA Telecom Center next to One Wilshire, the largest IP exchange in LA. Connecting to the Western United States and East Asia through this new facility is the fastest, most reliable solution for all genre of data center services that Sprocket Networks provides.
Some of the highlights of this new facility include:
• 163,600 square foot building completely dedicated to data center services
• Direct conduit connectivity of less than 500 feet to One Wilshire
• 24/7 manned security
• Biometric palm scan authentication
• Numerous surveillance cameras
• Redundant UPS with 30 minutes battery life at full capacity
• Diesel Generators with 72 hours+ life
• Liebert System 3 HVAC Units
• Dry pipe fire suppression with pre-activation
• Full router redundancy
• Cisco Catalyst 3750 rack switches
For more information on Sprocket Networks, please visit their web-site at http://www.sprocketnetworks.com