(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – In the digital era, internet users crave very visual content and using visuals can be beneficial for your small business in many ways. As long as you have a video camera and access to a computer, it is possible to set up a YouTube channel. This is a relatively easy and cost efficient way to reach viewers, and an excellent way to market your small business on social media. Here are some tips for creating video content for your small business:
- Keep your videos short and to the point. If videos are too long, you will lose the viewer’s attention. If you cannot say everything you want in a few minutes then use multiple clips to tell your story.
- Edit your videos to professional standards. Even if you are not a professional, with basic video editing software you should be able to prevent any awkward timing issues between segments.
- If you don’t have a lot of experience with filming videos, keep it simple. It is not necessary to have more than a one shot from a stationary tripod if it can still get your message across.
- Include a call to action at the end of your video. Invite your customers to visit your shop, come to your website, or try out a product. If you’ve kept their attention for the length of the video, they are at least somewhat interested.
You may be wondering what your business could present in a video that a consumer would be interested in watching. Here are some ideas for small business videos:
- Solve a common consumer problem with a how-to video or informational session.
- Use your knowledge to position yourself and your company as an expert in the field.
- Post video recordings of webinars or other presentations.
- Tell your story through a video discussing the history of your business.
Like most social networks, in order to successfully utilize YouTube you need to employ good design tips. Below are a few of our suggestions for YouTube design:
- Use an appealing channel name because it will appear in Google searches and YouTube categories.
- Write an engaging channel description. It should highlight the content you will be featuring on your channel.
- Employ branding on your YouTube page with company-specific colors and logos.
- Display links to your business website and applicable social media profiles.
- Pick relevant categories for tagging your videos.
Photo Credit: ©istockphoto.com/v777999
1&1 Internet Inc., a global leader among Web hosts, provides companies with the tools necessary to get online and be successful. For more useful tips on how you can drive success for your business via your website or online marketing methods, visit success.1and1.com.”