(Ping! Zine Web Hosting Magazine) – Ubersmith, a global leader in business and infrastructure software, today announced the release of version 3.2 of its infrastructure automation and management platform for the cloud, hosting, SaaS, colocation, MSPs, ISPs and enterprises. This release offers new levels of automation, control, customizability and ease of use for Ubersmith customers and their end users.
Adoption of Internet infrastructure services, such as public cloud, managed hosting and colocation, is growing at double-digit compound annual rates. As a direct result of this diverse and rapid infrastructure adoption, providers are facing mounting complexities associated with managing their businesses, from ensuring accurate billing to providing responsive customer support. Ubersmith’s development team has consistently enhanced the platform’s capabilities to meet infrastructure providers’ evolving management needs over the last decade, and the company’s latest release offers users even more advanced automated billing, device management and customer support.
“Infrastructure providers are facing new complexities associated with billing, monitoring, support and the overall management of their businesses, particularly as these companies look to offer innovative new services and grow their customer base,” said Kurt Daniel, general manager at Ubersmith. “We’re continuously incorporating our providers’ feedback into our platform, and Ubersmith 3.2 represents an important milestone for us toward our goal of becoming the premier management and automation provider for the cloud and beyond.”
Key features of Ubersmith 3.2 include:
- Advanced Billing: Ubersmith 3.2 offers a range of new billing features, from enhanced automated proration to customizable rate plans, allowing for more precise billing.
- Connection Manager: Providers now have improved visibility into the connections between devices. Ubersmith 3.2 gives users the ability to track and manage physical connections between devices, including hops and cross-connects, all from within the Device Manager. Users can drill down, sort or export any level of device information from port associations to service tags.
- Upgraded Ticket Escalations: Ubersmith 3.2 offers upgraded custom ticket escalations, enabling users to ensure efficient customer support coverage for all of their infrastructure services.
- PA-DSS Compliance: Users can rest assured that Ubersmith offers the highest grade of payment security. Ubersmith 3.2 is validated Payment Application Data Security Standard compliant by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC).
- Enhanced API: Users now have more development capabilities to fully leverage the power of Ubersmith throughout their businesses. Ubersmith 3.2 features an API that users can call internally, along with the ability to select alternative output formats. Increased functionality allows ticket timers and service plans to be managed with the API.
Additional features of Ubersmith 3.2 include interlinked tickets, more granular ACL-based security controls and enhanced domain management.
“For many years now, we have leveraged Ubersmith’s full range of billing, device management and help desk capabilities to successfully automate our fast-growing cloud computing, network connectivity and Internet data center business”, said Stephen Klenert, Chief Strategy Officer, Atlantic Metro Communications. “We look forward to taking advantage of the significant new billing, infrastructure and operations features in version 3.2 to improve our customer experience as we continue to deliver innovative IT solutions to the market.”
Pricing and Availability:
Ubersmith 3.2 is available immediately. Pricing begins at $950 per month with special start-up pricing available.
To learn more about Ubersmith 3.2, visit www.ubersmith.com.
Ubersmith is a global leader in business and infrastructure software and services for the cloud, SaaS, hosting, colocation and beyond. More than 200 companies rely on Ubersmith to better serve their customers, shorten time-to-market for new offerings, increase revenue, better run their businesses and boost overall efficiency. Founded in 2002 and based in New York, Ubersmith is an Internap company.