(Ping! Zine Web Hosting Magazine) – Webs, the popular, do-it-yourself solution for website creation, announced today their popular mobile application has been fully integrated into the Webs Site Builder. With this integration, all websites created with Webs come with a mobile site that displays properly on smartphones. Small and micro-business owners will benefit in particular from getting a mobile site standard with any Webs package. The mobile site is also maintenance free because it automatically synchs with the primary website, which is a huge timesaver for busy entrepreneurs.
“The Webs mobile application was originally part of our App store,” Webs CEO and Co-Founder Haroon Mokhtarzada said. “It proved so popular that we devoted development resources to fully integrate it into our Site Builder. Now, our customers get a fully-optimized, mobile-friendly website that stays in synch with their main site.”
“We want to make mobile website creation simple and easy for our customers,” Mokhtarzada added. “With this mobile integration, Webs users can reach smartphone users who are relying more and more on mobile technology to conduct business.” In today’s world, where 82% of smartphone users browse for products and services on their phones, small and micro-businesses need a mobile site to stay competitive.
Several features are included in the Webs mobile feature, including:
1. Wide Variety of Mobile Themes – Although it will automatically synch with their regular website, Webs customers have the option of further customizing their mobile site with new and different themes, colors and images.
2. Mobile Password Protected Pages –Password protected pages (both master password and members password), will render correctly on a mobile version.
3. More Mobile-optimized Apps – New apps have been added to the long list of pages that will display correctly on a site’s mobile version:
- Calendar App
- Members App
4. New Devices Compatible with the Mobile Website – Webs has expanded the number of devices that can be used to view and interact with the mobile versions of websites to include certain versions of Samsung, LG, Symbian, Nokia, Playstation and Nintendo DS.
5. More Editing Options – Site owners will have several new editing features:
- Ability to change the size of the image for their logos
- Ability to remove the header title
6. Premium Feature Update – For users who purchased a custom domain from Webs, there will be an automatic assignment of the mobile domain. For example, m.yourcompany.com will be assigned for the domain yourcompany.com.
The fully integrated Webs mobile feature is available now for all Webs customers. For more information visit Webs.com.
About Webs, Inc.
Webs is the world’s largest do-it-yourself solution to create a free website, serving over 40 million users. Webs enables small businesses and entrepreneurs to easily make a great-looking website and project a professional image. The Webs family of products—including Webs, ContactMe, and Pagemodo—provide small businesses with simple and cost-effective ways to launch and grow their companies across web, social, and mobile platforms. Founded in 2001 by the Mokhtarzada brothers, Webs is funded by Novak Biddle Venture Partners and Columbia Capital. For more information, contact Chuck Hester at hester(at)webs(dot)com or visit http://www.Webs.com, http://www.ContactMe.com and http://www.Pagemodo.com to sign up for free today.