(Ping! Zine Web Tech Magazine) – Every summer, Apple hosts its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), where Apple reveals its new updates and technology. At the 2013 conference, Apple announced OS X Mavericks, the new look for iOS7, the new MacBook Air, and iTunes Radio.
This year at the 2014 WWDC, many believe the company will finally reveal the iPhone 6, mainly because a new iPhone is released every year.
For months, there has been much speculation regarding the smartphone’s features and updates. Many believe the iPhone 6 will be completely revamped, as a way for Apple to compete with its competitors.
Here is what the new model is rumored to have:
- Scratch proof screens made from Sapphire crystals, due to its recent partnership with GT Advanced
- 3D controls, due to the purchase of Prime Sense, an Israeli company that produces 3D chips
- Enhanced sensors on the screen
- Two models of the iPhone 6, one with a 4.7 inch screen and the other with a 5.5 inch screen
- Curved display screen
- Facial recognition to strengthen security for users
An official statement has not been released from Apple regarding the confirmation of the new smartphone or any of its features.